Thursday, November 25, 2010

Two Good Days

The first day (yesterday) started out with the receipt of my second check from the N-City school. It ended when I stayed over my friend's house in preparation for the Flemington Turkey Trot. He would be running along with his wife, two sons, brother, and niece. The night was spent talking about nothing but running and cross country!
The second day (today--Happy Thanksgiving to all) was even better because I went out and ran an over-40 PB (personal best) in the 5K despite running only 3-4 times a week since Labor Day. The Verona Labor Day race was my previous best (26:15) and I bested that by 59 seconds (25:16.37). There were 3,851 finishers and I came in 859th. The time is a bit slower on the website results page because there were so many slow runners in front of me at the start. It took 51 seconds to get to the front. So I timed myself on my own watch. It was worse the further back you went; my friend's wife took more than 2 minutes to get up to the starting line.
After knocking off almost a minute off of my 5K time, I have to wonder how low I can go at this age.

No comments: