Monday, November 8, 2010

End of Another Season

This past Saturday, I drove my only N-City runner to the CTCs in W-Park in E-City. They say running is 10% physical and 90% physical. Well, my runner was definitely ready for the race mentally. He had been psyching himself up for this big day for weeks. But the physical wasn't there. No summer training and only 4 practices a week left him unprepared for the big race. He finished last.
And so my third season at N-City came to a close. Tomorrow I go there to collect uniforms and that will be it.
My new E-City team is still intact at 6 runners ready for next year.
And on the personal side, now that the season is over, I'll be spending more time after school to get ready for the Thanksgiving Day race.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Thank you for sharing your cross-country adventures and for again demonstrating that you also have a real heart for the kids.