Friday, September 4, 2009

The Jinx is Up

Just like Sports Illustrated cover stories, my previous blog became a jinx for my running. Just two days after my cross country run in W-Park, my legs were besieged by the old aches and pains that I have come to know too well. This time they were accompanied by a sore hamstring. The aches and pains took a little longer to go away this time but the hammy lingered. Today, after being on the shelf for three weeks, I tested the leg out, and while it wasn't painful, the sore hammy was noticeable. So I'll rest it for a few more days and test it again.
On the coaching front, a third job appeared on the net. It was a charter school in N-City. I didn't want to go down that road again (lack of training location, not an NJSIAA member, questionable commitment from the runners, etc.) so I didn't bother looking into it. Unless a major surprise happens in the next week or so, I'll be devoting the autumn to helping my softball team (those who are interested) improve their hitting and fielding.
And I am also going to commit to making any blog postings in the future less verbose.

1 comment:

ray said...

Nothing wrong with verboseness.